For Year 11 GCSE Resources CLICK HERE
St Mary’s Roman Catholic High School is a caring community which has Christ as its centre. The school aims to promote mutual respect and understanding of each other and the environment, to develop the full potential of the individual, and to provide equal opportunities for all.
To achieve these aims, the School will:
- appropriately unfold the Church’s teaching across the curriculum;
- offer a genuine experience of worship and prayer;
- maintain a high standard of education;
- provide an atmosphere where good communication can take place; nurture a pastoral dimensions that offers appropriate support to all within the school community;
- foster links with the wider community
Key Stage 3:
The Key Stage 3 curriculum is based on The Way, The Truth and The Life syllabus, with bespoke units included to help prepare students for the new GCSE specification.
Year 7 – topics taught
- Revelation and faith
- What is worship?
- God’s promises fulfilled
- What do the parables teach us?
- The Saviour
- The Church
Year 8 – topics taught
- The Existence of God
- What does it mean to be Muslim?
- The Catholic Mass
- Why was Jesus killed and who is responsible?
- What is Love?
Year 9 – topics taught
- The Seven Sacraments
- St Mark’s Gospel – Who is Jesus?*
- St Mark’s Gospel – The nature of discipleship*
- Judaism - beliefs and teachings*
Key Stage 4:
Students sitting their GCSE exams from the summer of 2018 onwards will study Edexcel Religious Studies Specification A: Faith and Practice in the 21st Century.
Year 10 – topics taught
- Beliefs and Teachings
- Sources of Wisdom and Authority
- Forms of Expression and Ways of Life
Area of Study 2 – Islam
- Beliefs and Teachings
Year 11 – topics taught
- Arguments for the Existence of God
- Religious Teachings on Relationships and Families in the 21st Century
The rest of Year 11 will be devoted to revision and exam preparation.
Year 11 Examination Preparation
CLICK HERE for Religious Studies GCSE Revision Guide Booklet - Updated April 2018
CLICK HERE for Religious Studies GCSE Revision Sheets - New 2018
Revision Videos - How to Revise.
Use the videos below to help you plan your revision leading up to your examinations:
Video 1 - Regular Revision Strategies
Video 2 - Making a Revision Plan
Video 3 - Finding a Revision Space
Video 4 - Irregular Revision Strategies
Video 5 - Preparing for Exams