Admissions Arrangements September 2019
In accordance with the School Admissions Code St Mary’s Catholic High School (SMCH) is consulting on proposed admissions arrangements for entry in September 2019. The consultation will conclude at midnight on 7th January 2018.
The substantive change proposed is a reduction in the published admission number from 150 to 120 with effect from September 2019 and for subsequent academic years, subject to any review.
The Admissions Policy (2019-20) has been redrafted, but the admissions arrangements and criteria for Year 7 remain unchanged from the current determined arrangements. The change to the published admission number will not impact on pupils currently attending SMCH.
Please send written responses on the proposed reduction to Mr Bernard Tomkins (Chair of Governors).
Letter: Chair of Governors
St Mary’s Catholic High School
Woburn Road, Croydon, CR9 2EE
Mr Patrick Shields
Admissions Policy & Procedures
Admissions Policy (For admission to Year 7 in September 2018)
What Ofsted has just said about St Mary's (Ofsted Report - February 2017):
- "Leaders are really moving the school, and the quality of teaching, forward."
- "The school looks after pupils very well. It takes the right steps to keep them safe."
- "The school is, therefore, always improving. It continues to move successfilly towards its aim of 'excellence not mediocrity'."
- "The strong leadership is growing a strong, happy school community based positively on welcoming Christian values. Parents and pupils are pleased with the school's improvement."
- "Pupils feel motivated by the teaching. Staff often go the extra mile to show that they really value the pupils and that they truly seek to understand their needs and personalities, well beyond a set of data. This is a real gift to the pupils, who recognise and appreciate it."